USPS worker electrocuted at Shannon Street post office in Monroe La.

January 8, 2019

A United States Postal Service employee was electrocuted Tuesday at the post office on Shannon Street in Monroe.

The incident was initially reported around 9:40 a.m. First responders attempted to revive Paul W. Gammill, age 47, with CPR at the scene.

The man was electrocuted while changing out a light in a light pole at the office according to a Monroe Police Department release.

“The Postal Service is saddened by the loss of our postal family member and will continue to keep his family, friends, and coworkers in our thoughts,” a provided statement from the USPS said. “We are unable to comment further, as the incident is currently being investigated.”

SIGN UP FOR OUR POSTAL NEWS BLAST!


Get the news sent straight to your inbox. Please remember, this list sends an email every weekday, so if you are not a news junkie, then this might not be the list for you. Thanks

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.

Join the Conversation

  Subscribe  
Notify of

Send this to a friend