If your delivery requires a signature, carriers will knock on the door rather than touching the bell. They will maintain a safe distance, and instead of asking you for a signature on the mobile device, they will ask for your first initial and last name. Then, the carrier will leave your mail or package in a safe place for you to retrieve. Don’t try to take your delivery directly from a carrier, and please give them time to walk away before collecting it.
The CDC, WHO, as well as the Surgeon General have indicated there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 is being spread through mail and packages. Please: Help us serve you by maintaining a safe distance.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- Postal employee facing rebuke for Hatch Act violation
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Introduce “Postal Preservation Act” to Save the Postal Service from Closing Its Doors
- Susan Collins: Delivering assistance to USPS and its hardworking employees during the pandemic
- H.R. 6085: The Postal Supervisors and Managers Fairness Act of 2020