The changes will raise Mailing Services product prices approximately 2.5 percent.
Shipping Services price increases vary by product. For example, Priority Mail Express prices will increase 3.9 percent, while Priority Mail prices will increase 5.9 percent.
Here are the current and new prices, which will take effect Jan. 27:
- First-Class Mail single-piece letters (1 ounce): 50 cents (current), 55 cents (new)
- First-Class Mail letters (additional ounces): 21 cents (current), 15 cents (new)
- First-Class Mail letters (metered 1 ounce): 47 cents (current), 50 cents (new)
- First-Class Mail outbound international letters (1 ounce): $1.15 (no change from current price)
- First-Class Mail domestic postcard stamps: 35 cents (no change from current price)
- Priority Mail small flat-rate box: $7.20 (current), $7.90 (new)
- Priority Mail medium flat-rate box: $13.65 (current), $14.35 (new)
- Priority Mail large flat-rate box: $18.90 (current), $19.95 (new)
- Priority Mail Army/Air Post Office and Fleet Post Office large flat-rate box: $17.40 (current), $18.45 (new)
- Priority Mail regular flat-rate envelope: $6.70 (current), $7.35 (new)
- Priority Mail legal flat-rate envelope: $7 (current), $7.65 (new)
- Priority Mail padded flat-rate envelope: $7.25 (current), $8 (new)
The PRC announced the approvals this week. The Postal Service will provide employees with additional information before the changes take effect.
SIGN UP FOR OUR POSTAL NEWS BLAST!
Get the news sent straight to your inbox. Please remember, this list sends an email every weekday, so if you are not a news junkie, then this might not be the list for you. Thanks