USPS will be open for business and mail delivery will continue as usual Monday, Dec. 24.
Post Office retail counters will be open until noon. However, some retail offices may be open later due to customer needs.
Local hours are posted at all Post Offices.
In select locations, USPS will deliver packages Tuesday, Dec. 25.
The organization will deliver cheer throughout this year’s holiday season, including an estimated 16 billion mailpieces and packages from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day.
In her recent holiday message to employees, Postmaster General Megan J. Brennan thanked them for their dedication and service.
“Your efforts during the holidays help us earn our customers’ trust and loyalty and demonstrate the Postal Service’s value to the American public. As postal employees, we take great pride in serving our customers at every touch point,” Brennan wrote.
USPS announced its operating status for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day on Dec. 6.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees