March 24, 2020 — Today, the USPS issued the following letter to Area Vice Presidents stating the following:
- To the extent operationally practicable, managers and supervisors should accommodate employees who submit PS Form 3189, Request for Temporary Schedule Change for Personal Convenience as a result of childcare issues caused by daycare closures, school (Pre-K through Grade 12) closures, or the unavailability of a child’s primary caregiver as a result of the COVI D-19 pandemic.
- Managers and supervisors should also allow liberal sick leave usage for employees who are sick, and liberal annual and leave without pay (LWOP) usage to the extent operationally feasible during this time period.
- If an employee requests leave for reasons related to COVID-19, such leave should be treated as scheduled (as opposed to unscheduled) leave.
- Leave taken for COVID-19 related reasons between February 29, 2020, and May 17, 2020, may not be cited in discipline for failing to maintain an assigned schedule under ELM 511.43.
CONTINUE READING: APWU ###
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees