“Ultimately, Congress determines the contours of the Postal Service’s statutory business model and therefore has the unique authority to enable this vision or direct the Postal Service toward a different vision,” the plan states.
The plan focuses on five major goals:
- Goal 1 — Deliver world-class services and customer experiences
- Goal 2 — Equip, connect, engage, and empower employees to serve our customers
- Goal 3 — Innovate faster to deliver value
- Goal 4 — Invest in future platforms
- Goal 5 — Pursue legislative and regulatory changes necessary to achieve financial sustainability