The most impactful recommendations in the strategy would require legislation from Congress, regulatory relief from the Postal Regulatory Commission and new labor agreements from the postal unions.
“Ultimately, Congress determines the contours of the Postal Service’s statutory business model and therefore has the unique authority to enable this vision or direct the Postal Service toward a different vision,” the plan states.
The plan focuses on five major goals:
- Goal 1 — Deliver world-class services and customer experiences
- Goal 2 — Equip, connect, engage, and empower employees to serve our customers
- Goal 3 — Innovate faster to deliver value
- Goal 4 — Invest in future platforms
- Goal 5 — Pursue legislative and regulatory changes necessary to achieve financial sustainability