- Increase FERS employee contributions by 1 percentage point each year until it equals the employer contribution. This could be about a 6 percent increase in the employee contribution.
- Base future retirement benefits on the average of the highest 5 years of salary, rather than the current high-3
- Abolish COLAs for current and future FERS annuitants
- Reduce the CSRS COLA by 0.5 percent
- Eliminate supplemental payments for FERS retirees who leave service, beginning in calendar 2018.
On Thursday, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) announced that he will vacate his congressional seat on June 30. His departure may complicate House of Representatives consideration of HR 756, the Postal Reform Act of 2017. This the postal relief bill that he introduced with the ranking Democrat on the committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD).
Get the news sent straight to your inbox. Please remember, this list sends an email every weekday, so if you are not a news junkie, then this might not be the list for you. Thanks