February 11, 2019 —
United Postmasters and Managers of America supports H.R. 141, the Social Security Fairness Act for the 116th Congress. Many UPMA current and future retired members are impacted by the GPO and WEP provision in the current Social Security Act. This Legislation would eliminate 2 titles of the Social Security Act, the Government Pension Offset (GPO) and the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) which unfairly reduce or eliminate Social Security Benefits for millions of Americans that dedicated much of their careers to public service.
Contact your congressional representative asking that they cosponsor H.R. 141.
CONTINUE READING: www.unitedpma.org ###
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- Susan Collins: Delivering assistance to USPS and its hardworking employees during the pandemic
- Postal employee facing rebuke for Hatch Act violation
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Introduce “Postal Preservation Act” to Save the Postal Service from Closing Its Doors
- H.R. 6085: The Postal Supervisors and Managers Fairness Act of 2020