“The Postal Service cannot comment on which companies are vying for the NGDV (Next Generation Delivery Vehicles) contract, their potential subcontractors, team members or any other details,” according to a statement from a USPS spokeswoman.
The agency is anxious to replace 140,000 Grumman long-life vehicles that were built between 1987 and 1994. They have outlived their expected service life and reportedly have been increasingly prone to fires.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees