Kayla Ottmo, 35, was indicted in July. She has pleaded not guilty and was released on bond pending trial. No trial date has been set.
According to court documents, Ottmo is accused of embezzling gift cards and other items of value that were sent by mail between September 2018 and Nov. 2, 2018.
The maximum penalty upon conviction is five years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees