But one mail carrier for the U.S. Postal Service found himself between a rock and a hard place during the pounding storm.
The mailman narrowly missed possible serious injury when a large tree fell behind his mail delivery truck and a utility pole with a transformer crashed in front of the truck.
The near tragic occurrence happened at about 6 p.m. along Briarcliff Road in a neighborhood off West Broad Street behind the Coldwell Banker offices.
Brooks Brown, a 75-year-old resident of Washington, said he had just delivered mail to a home when the rain came down hard.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- Postal employee facing rebuke for Hatch Act violation
- Susan Collins: Delivering assistance to USPS and its hardworking employees during the pandemic
- H.R. 6085: The Postal Supervisors and Managers Fairness Act of 2020
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Introduce “Postal Preservation Act” to Save the Postal Service from Closing Its Doors