The reasons cited for the delay was the complexity of the changes required by the pay decision, as well as the Postal Service’s need to meet other fiscal year-end requirements. Implementation of the pay decision will be delayed as noted below.
Item 8.B regarding special exempt status foe EAS-20 Postmasters in delivery offices without a supervisor will be implemented on September 29, 2018. Any necessary retroactive pay adjustments from the effective date of September 1st and the implementation date of September 28th will be authorized.
The balance of the pay decision will be implemented prior to any fiscal year 2018 Pay-for-Performance payments. The effective dates found within the pay decision remain unchanged and any payment due employees will be retroactive if necessary once the pay decision is implemented.
Click here for letter of notification concerning pay decision delay from Post Service.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees