These men were very specific in communicating over the internet their intentions to have sex with an underage person, and the majority even distributed pornography to the undercover agent they thought was a child, according to Chief Roscoe.
The seven individuals charged so far are:
- Matthew J. Hagan (26), of Ridgeville, S.C., who is unemployed.
- Austin Ostrander (24), of Summerville, S.C., who refused to provide investigators his place of employment.
- Seann J. Peters (49), of Moncks Corner, S.C., a U.S. Postal Service worker.
- Kent J. Turkoly (39), of Goose Creek, S.C., who works for FedEx and Uber.
- Joey D. Clark (27), of St. George, S.C., who works for a boating manufacturer.
- Otis R. Miller, Jr. (38), of Goose Creek, S.C., who works for a Walmart store.
- Anthony R. Hale (24), who works for the Naval Nuclear Power Training Command Center in Goose Creek.
Each of the seven suspects, as well as the 21 awaiting charges, will face multiple charges including attempted criminal sexual conduct with a minor and distribution of child pornography, according to Chief Roscoe.
None of the suspects have prior criminal convictions related to child sex crimes, and none were registered sex offenders, Chief Roscoe said.