Now, a woman is behind bars, facing federal charges. Thanks to a traffic stop by Chicago police, CBS 2’s Jermont Terry reports.
For those living in the West Loop the arrest is a great start. However, the looming question: who else was in on this crime spree.
It’s not that simple for people in this neighborhood to get mail, especially with thieves gaining access to secure buildings by using a U.S. postal worker master key.
Neighbors were forced to install a digital key pad, mainly because crooks kept stealing mail, using the key postal workers should only carry. But clearly these were no mail carriers.
“It was such a violation to have someone pry open the mailbox,” one woman said. “It’s ridiculous.”
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees