With certain exceptions, the MOU effectively withdrew and administratively closed all cross-craft grievances that were pending in the RI- 399 process prior to September 1, 2017. The Update MOU also provides monetary payments to mail handlers and clerks in consideration of the withdrawal of these grievances. The parties have agreed that $14,500,000 will be distributed among mail handlers designated by the NPMHU. The parties also agreed that the APWU represented employees will be similarly compensated.
The NPMHU National Executive Board has approved a detailed criteria to determine which mail handlers will receive payments as well as the amount that each eligible mail handler will receive. For full details, read the March 1, 2019 memorandum linked below.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees