The NPMHU and the Postal Service have now been engaged in collective bargaining for over a month. As the September 20, 2019 expiration date grows closer, the parties are meeting more frequently to discuss the importance Union proposals. Subcommittees continue to meet as scheduled, in addition to weekly main table meetings. At this time, the Union’s economic proposals (covering Articles 9, 21, and 26) have not yet been presented – we are working through our noneconomic demands first.
The Postal Service continues to delay submitting its own proposals, and as of this writing still has not presented any official counterproposals. Perhaps patience is a virtue.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees