Both APWU and the Mail Handers intervened in the case in support of the Postal Service’s position.
The Award is not expected to have a major impact on the letter carrier craft. Evidence presented by NALC at the hearing showed that while 11,589 Level 6 Clerk positions were eliminated in the five-year period from 2014 to 2018, only 98 clerks were excessed into the carrier craft – 0.8 percent of the positions eliminated.
To read Arbitrator Das’ opinion, click here.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- Susan Collins: Delivering assistance to USPS and its hardworking employees during the pandemic
- Postal employee facing rebuke for Hatch Act violation
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Introduce “Postal Preservation Act” to Save the Postal Service from Closing Its Doors
- H.R. 6085: The Postal Supervisors and Managers Fairness Act of 2020