In August, the United States Postal Service announced the building was “closed for maintenance” but did not mention any reptiles.
It was noted then that the Milton branch would close and all Milton PO Box users could pick up their mail in Semora, 5 miles away.
Later in August, the Milton branch briefly resumed operations in a mobile unit, however, a trip by the Milton branch revealed the temporary mobile vehicle is closed due to mechanical problems.
USPS did not immediately return comment. This story will be updated when more information is available.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- Postal employee facing rebuke for Hatch Act violation
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Introduce “Postal Preservation Act” to Save the Postal Service from Closing Its Doors
- Susan Collins: Delivering assistance to USPS and its hardworking employees during the pandemic
- H.R. 6085: The Postal Supervisors and Managers Fairness Act of 2020