Miami-Dade Police detectives said the victim was in her postal truck at the intersection of Northwest 27th Avenue and 43rd Terrace before noon, Tuesday.
According to police, she was getting ready for her next stop when 45-year-old Sosthene Louis, the alleged attacker, jumped through the open driver’s door. The incident was captured on a nearby surveillance camera.
Before the incident, a witness said Louis was sitting down in the middle of a nearby intersection.
Louis appeared in bond court on Wednesday.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees