Ricky Lee Harris Germany, 32, of Agler Road, admitted to one count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and distribution of a controlled substances during a hearing before U.S. District Magistrate Judge Norah McCann King. The felony count also carries a potential fine of up to $10 million.
According to court documents, investigators were tipped in September 2018 about possible illegal drug-related parcels moving through the post office’s Innis Road station. Harris Germany, a carrier from 2013-2018, would go through large parcels from California, Arizona and Texas on his lunch break, looking for drugs. He was later observed on multiple occasions taking parcels — in one instance, he was spotted carrying two stolen packages into his home.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees