The robbery occurred in the Cinnamon Ridge neighborhood in the area of Southwest 14th Street and 87th Terrace.
According to authorities, the postal worker was working her normal shift when two men in a black sedan pulled up, threatened her and stole several packages from her delivery vehicle.
The worker was not hurt in the confrontation and continued her route.
Postal inspectors are working to determine how many parcels were taken, what was inside them and who they belonged to.
A postal inspector reminded the public that stealing mail is a federal offense.
“Thank God our carrier was unharmed. That is our number one priority,” Postal Inspector Blanca Alvarez said. “They did run away with some packages, and it looks like this was an opportunity they saw and they took it.”
The postal service is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees