Around 10:30 a.m., Burbank police and fire reported to the area of 87th Street and McVicker Avenue for a serious car accident. Officers and EMS learned that a 40-year-man in a 2001 Chevy Tahoe crashed into the Postal Service vehicle driven by a 45-year-old female mail carrier, police said. The mail carrier was on her normal route delivering the mail along the 6000 block of 87th Street using her assigned USPS vehicle. The impact caused the mail carrier to be ejected from her vehicle, while the USPS truck continued to run driverless until it came to a rest after hitting a residence along the same block.
The mail carrier was transported to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where she is listed in serious condition. The driver of the Chevy Tahoe was also taken to the hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries. He was taken into custody by the Burbank Police Department.
No other injuries were reported. Anyone who may have witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Burbank Police Department at 708-924-7300.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees