Today, the President encouraged all Americans for the next fifteen days to avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people. Please visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov for more information regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) including social distancing, prevention, protection and the spreading of the COVID-19. The CDC stated that events of any size should only be continued if they can be carried out with adherence to guidelines for protecting vulnerable populations, hand hygiene, and social distancing. The CDC’s recommendation is made in an attempt to reduce introduction of the virus into new communities and to slow the spread of infection in communities already affected by the virus. According to the CDC, their recommendation is not intended to supersede the advice of local public health officials.
NAPS Headquarters is aware of planned NAPS branch meetings, training seminars, and state conventions occurring over the next eight weeks. For cautionary and safety reasons, per CDC guidelines and if possible, NAPS recommends such events be rescheduled to a later date. This is a NAPS HQ recommendation only. We encourage NAPS officers to work with their respective business venue, including hotels, to help reschedule your events to avoid any loss of branch funds. Please contact NAPS HQ if a planned NAPS Area training or state convention is being rescheduled from its original date.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- Postal employee facing rebuke for Hatch Act violation
- Susan Collins: Delivering assistance to USPS and its hardworking employees during the pandemic
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Introduce “Postal Preservation Act” to Save the Postal Service from Closing Its Doors
- H.R. 6085: The Postal Supervisors and Managers Fairness Act of 2020