Jacob Simmons told Action News Jax none of his attempts to stop the driver worked when he was knocked off his bike on the way to work Wednesday.
“All I could do was yell stop, stop — and I put my hand up and waved and everything,” he said.
He said he was attempting to cross the plaza entrance at the South Blanding Village on Blanding Boulevard.
According to Simmons, he tried to stop when he saw the driver coming out.
“Whenever he came, he clipped me with his rearview mirror and his left head light,” he said. “It was like your normal mailman just a little which box car that said USPS on the side.”
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees