Valerie Goeings-Rock has sued the U.S. Postal Service and one of their drivers, John J. Heckstall, for crashing into the side of her car as she tried to merge into a narrow construction zone on Lafayette Avenue.
The crash left her with more than $50,000 in bills and permanent injuries, including a nerve problem, the lawsuit claims.
“(Because of) the carelessness, reckless, and negligence of the defendants, (Goeings-Rock) has been forced to suffer serious and severe physical and mental injuries and has required and received medical care and treatment and may require further medical care or treatment and may incur future expenses,” the lawsuit says.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees