Court documents say at the beginning of March 2019 Judith Hughes dumped 111 pieces of mail in a trash container near the Sherwood Forest Townhomes on South Flannery Road. Two bundles were dumped.
WBRZ and 2 On Your Side first reported the incident in March after a property manager found a bag full of mail in the area. Some of the items were fliers for an area gym, the rest was mail that hadn’t been delivered.
Other items included mail from AT&T, T-Mobile, Cox, and Capital One.
At the time, Hughes was a city carrier assistant at the Old Hammond Station Post Office in Baton Rouge.
- New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
- The Postal Service collapse that isn’t happening
- Caroline County family finds nearly $1M in cash in middle of road
- The US Postal Service now has 5,000 employees in quarantine and only enough cash to last through September
- HEROES Act Provides Relief for Postal Employees