In a December 8, 2016 decision, Arbitrator Stephen Goldberg ruled that the Postal Service violated the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) when they assigned injured workers to perform Clerk Craft work at Sales Retention Team sites without first assigning the work to the Clerk Craft and posting the duty assignments for bid. As part of the arbitrator’s ruling, the parties agreed to a $36 million remedy settlement on January 12, 2018.
On July, 8, 2018, the APWU identified and posted the names of eligible employees and amounts to be paid on the APWU website. Current and former employees had an opportunity to address eligibility and the amount received. After all the information was processed, the APWU provided the names of eligible employees and amounts to the Postal Service so they could send the payment checks to employees.
The below section describes where the payment checks will be mailed to the previously identified eligible employees and procedures for ensuring a current mailing address.
SRT Remedy Payment
- The first round of SRT Remedy Payments will be made by separate check to the individuals provided by the APWU.
- It is anticipated that the checks will be mailed mid/end of January.
- The check will include the following verbiage to indicate the reason: Sales Retention Team (SRT) Remedy Agreement Q10C-4Q-C 14011344.
Employees on the Rolls
- Checks to employees currently on the rolls will be mailed to the employee’s home address of record.
- Those employees who have direct deposit for their payroll check will have a paper check mailed to their work location.
Employees No Longer on the Rolls
- For individuals who are not on the rolls, checks will be mailed to their home address of record.
- If checks are returned to Eagan because individuals no longer reside at the address of record and there are no forwarding orders on file, Eagan will provide USPS HQ Labor Relations a list of those individuals to Lamont Brooks, APWU Assistant Clerk Craft Director.
- If APWU is able to provide updated addresses for those individuals, the USPS will reissue/resend the checks.
- For those individuals, the USPS will reissue/resend the checks with the assistance of APWU providing updated address information.
Please do not spend the money before you receive it, and Happy Holidays.
Get the news sent straight to your inbox. Please remember, this list sends an email every weekday, so if you are not a news junkie, then this might not be the list for you. Thanks